This nationally recognised training is facilitated by one of Australia’s leading Aqua Fitness presenters Claire Barker-Hemings on behalf of Active Training (RTO provider number 40276).
Included in your registration are:
– ‘The Essential Guide to Fitness’ training manual
– 10 hours virtual lectures – optional
– 8 hours practical sessions
– Online support
– Statement of Attainment (once all assessments requirements have been met).
The certification consists of the following units of competency:
SISFFIT008 – Instruct water-based fitness activities
SISFFIT022 – Instruct Aquatic sessions for special population groups
SISCAQU002 – Basic Water Rescue
SISCAQU008 – Instruct water familiarisation, buoyancy and mobility skills
HLTWHS001 – Participate in Workplace Health and Safety
BSBRSK401 – Identify and apply risk management processes
Upon completion of this certification the students will be able to:
– plan and teach aqua fitness classes for the general population taking into consideration the hydrodynamic principles of the water
– modify their classes to accommodate special populations
– understand when they need to refer their clients to an allied health professional
– Perform basic water rescues
– Identify and manage any risks associated with teaching in this environment
– to participate in safe work practices to ensure their own health and safety, and that of others
– Instruct water familiarisation buoyancy and mobility skills
Training details – students have 12 months to complete the certification.
Distance Learning – 2 x 5 hour virtual theory sessions
Completion extensions will only be considered for extenuating circumstances. Applications must be submitted by e-mail to – email@example.com
Unique Student Identifier (USI) – students must obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) prior to enrolling in this course. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ for more information
Pre-Requisites – HLTAI003 Provide First Aid
To attain Fitness Australia CECs, you must be a registered Group Exercise Instructor or Group Exercise Leader
Assessments – include practical and written components and are competency based. Practical Assessment can be completed in-person with an approved assessor or via video.
Delivery Mode – this certification is taken as a blend of virtual lectures, online learning and live onsite practical training
Payment Plan – options available upon request, contact us for more details
Refund and Privacy policies – click here to read info about our Refund, Privacy and other policies