This nationally recognised training is delivered by one of Australia’s leading Aqua Fitness presenters Claire Barker-Hemings on behalf of Active Training (RTO provider number 40276).
Incorporating the Units of Competence:
- SISCAQU002 Basic Water Rescue
- SISFFIT038 Plan group water-based exercise sessions
- SISFFIT039 Instruct group water-based exercise sessions
- SISFFIT048 Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective water-based activity
- HLTWHS001 Participate in Workplace Health and Safety
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Plan and teach aqua fitness classes for the general population taking into consideration the hydrodynamic principles of the water
- Modify their classes to accommodate special populations
- Understand when they need to refer their clients to an allied health professional
- Perform basic water rescues
- Identify and manage any risks associated with teaching in this environment
- Participate in safe work practices to ensure their own health and safety, and that of others
Face to Face learning and Self-Paced Learning
Included in your registration:
- AEA Aquatic Fitness Professional Manual (7th Edition) e-book
- 2 days face to face training
- Online learning platform
- Online support
- Statement of Attainment
All skill set requirements must be completed within 6 months.
Should you need to apply for an extension, please go to https://www.activetraining.net.au/extension and pay the required fee. If your course completion date has already passed, you are unable to apply for an extension and will need to re-enrol should you want to complete the course.
Please note that a maximum of two (2) 3-month extensions are allowed for this course.
A Statement of Attainment will be issued once all assessment requirements have been met
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Students must obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI) prior to enrolling in this course. Please visit https://www.usi.gov.au/ for more information
This skill set is nationally recognised and accredited with the following fitness industry associations:
- AusActive 15 CEC’s
- RepsNZ 12.5 CEC’s
Face to Face:
A blend of on site practical training, online learning, self-paced learning and teaching practice under supervision
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
All students will be required to:
- Participate in several aqua fitness sessions
- Have swimming skills which enable you to perform a rescue tow for a minimum of 10 metres and dive to the bottom of the pool
- Demonstrate exercises on pool deck for a minimum of four repetitions
- Competently manoeuvre yourself down to the floor and back up again to demonstrate exercises and pool rescue techniques
Assessments include practical and written components and are competency based.
All students are required to:
- Complete a minimum of three 30 minute aqua fitness sessions under the supervision of an appropriately qualified aqua fitness instructor
- Complete written assessments online (Online support is available via email email@example.com and zoom calls can be arranged to help with any queries)
Students are required to upload a 30-45 minute video of an aqua fitness class being taught exclusively by themselves.
Please refer to our Refund Policy